Dogpatch Labs is one of Europe’s leading tech hubs fostering entrepreneurship for startups, founded with the mission of making Ireland a world-class place to found a startup. We think that more of the best companies in the world should be started in Ireland. Our alumni include Intercom (valued at $1.6 billion) and our space is the global headquarters for CoderDojo.
We run NDRC, which is a founder-focused, entrepreneur-led startup accelerator. Mentors on the accelerator include some of Ireland’s most successful founders, who have founded businesses worth over €5 billion in aggregate. Along with mentors, we work in partnership with Ireland’s top regional innovation hubs (PorterShed, Republic of Work and RDI Hub) and VC funds (ACT, Atlantic Bridge, Delta, Frontline).
Our goal is to usher in a new era for innovation in Ireland, and our success will be measured by the impact that our alumni have on a global scale. NDRC will help to create billion dollar businesses that employ thousands of people.
As a Programme Manager, you will report into the Programme Director on designing and delivering support for early stage founders. These early stage supports include masterclasses, office hours, founder weekends and our pre-accelerator, each of which serve as feeder programmes for our accelerator. Your work will be focused on providing programmes that truly improve founders’ chances of success, and your day-to-day could involve anything from scouting for high-potential companies, to co-ordinating guest speakers, to leading workshops and fireside chats.
We'll support your growth with career coaching and mentorship, and ensure that your responsibilities and opportunities rise with your ability. You’ll work with great teammates, help build a startup ecosystem, and most importantly, you’ll get to do work that is both meaningful and challenging.
- Work closely with the Programme Director to develop and deliver support for early stage founders.
- Support the recruitment strategy to attract the highest quality startups
- Participate in the startup selection process by supporting the selection committees and performing due diligence.
- Deliver a world class experience to founders, mentors, partners, investors and other stakeholders.
- Meet with startups throughout the course of the programmes to better understand their needs, provide solutions and introductions with the resources that are available to NDRC.
- Deliver content through workshops and presentations.
- Work closely with the regional partners to ensure delivery of successful programmes across Ireland.
What You’ll Work On
- Pre-Accelerator: The pre-accelerator is a 6-week programme that condenses the most valuable startup lessons for early stage founders. You’ll learn to deliver this, which includes running and coordinating workshops, recruiting founders and managing speakers.
- Founder Weekends: Founder Weekends are 48 hour sprints where teams explore ideas and progress to the next stage. 100s of founders participate each year. You will learn to organise and run these weekends.
- Office Hours: Over the next few years we’ll facilitate thousands of mentoring sessions for founders which you will be involved in.
- Masterclasses: Courses designed to ‘level up’ and activate more participants from across the ecosystem. You’ll learn to build and run these.
- Other Projects: We regularly test out new programmes and business lines. You might help collaborate with a university, set up an angel investor programme, or develop new products with some of the world’s largest corporations.
Who are you?
- 2 years experience required
- You’re passionate about startups and innovation, and connecting with others.
- You thrive in a fast paced environment.
- You’re good at presenting and enjoy taking the stage.
- You have great communication skills and can work closely with people.
- You’re a generalist, happy to chip in wherever you’re needed.
- You’re able to work with technology and tools. You don’t need to code.
- You’re a lifelong learner who engages in discourse around technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital.
- You’re a team player who enjoys collaborative work and brings a positive attitude to any task.
- Contract: Full-time, 3 years fixed term
- Location of Duties: Dogpatch Labs, The CHQ Building, Dublin 1.
- Start date: 9th January 2023
How to Apply
Send us your CV along with a short blurb (< 200 words) summarising why you’re interested in working with tech startups and building an ecosystem.
Dogpatch Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and mindsets, because we know the strength of our team lies in its diversity.